As the number of coronavirus cases rise in Ireland, we are entering a possibly long period of uncertainty. Anticipating that, we have held a committee meeting to decide the course of the training schedule ahead.
Following the latest government advice, UCD Karate is suspending all karate classes in UCD, effective immediately. That means that tomorrow’s training on 13th March 2020 will not go ahead.
The anticipated All-Ireland Karate Intervarsity Championship that UCD Karate is hosting on 4th of April will also be postponed. We will update you regarding the new dates once we finalise the details.
We advise everyone to follow HSE guidelines as strictly as possible and encourage others to follow this advice too:
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are not well.
- Avoid crowded places, especially indoors.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- Stay at home if you are sick to help stop the spread of whatever infection you may have.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Do not share objects that touch your mouth – for example, bottles, cups.
As it’s a new illness, we do not know how easily the virus spreads from person to person. All we can do is to be vigilant and follow government guidelines.
We will keep you updated about club’s activities on the website and our social media.